Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Stormy Day in Paradise

Tied up with the shrimpers
As we watch via our phone and computer the nasty weather in Tennessee and Georgia we should not complain about the stormy rainy weather here in Florida where it is still in the 50’s. But it was a good day to get some things done around the boat. I brought all the photo’s we had at home and put them in a cedar chest here on Sunny Days. My project for the next few months will be to scan them so I set up this project. It will take the entire time but it is fun to revisit the past in what we considered important enough to take pictures. Plus it gives me an ongoing project to show some productivity while Fitz is doing his boat projects.
Put away the winter garb until next winter
Last night's sunset in Apalachicola
We are tied up here at the commercial waterfront at Apalachicola along with the shrimpers and oyster boats. No one ventured out today. Downtown is only a half block away where there is a restaurant at every corner and lots of cute shops. I did visit a couple but I am not that bored yet. So I scanned pictures and Terry put in an extra water pump. Listened to Oyster Radio (everything here is about oysters—apparently Apalachicola is the main place for oysters in the Gulf) and listened to a lot of the Eagles and Jimmy Buffett.

No comments:

Post a Comment